List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Help needed with DirectLink and page parameters (Was: Contrib:Table and page parameters)
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2007-12-20 11:20:30

Dear Marcus,

First of all, thanks a lot for your reply!

I am not sure whether I understand what you say. I have a variable
(and huge)
number of actual pages. (In fact, each is coming from a DB entry.)
Because the
number is variable, I chose to implement a *single* Tapestry page
class for the
*many* pages I have.

On 20.12.2007, at 09:55, <Marcus.Schulte@bmw.ch>
<Marcus.Schulte@bmw.ch> wrote:

> I suppose your page implements IExternalPage?

You mean that I create a single Tapestry class implementing
IExternalPage,
right? All my (variably many) pages use this class. Correct?

> If you seed you page/app with external parameters which you need later
> on, in subsequent requests, store them in page/component properties
> marked
> as @Persist-ent.

Does this mean that Tapestry will keep in its page pool an
IExternalPage page
for each article I have in the DB (once this page is visited)?

Is this a good idea? I have lots of pages and at some point, the memory
might be full. Or is there some mechanism that purges pages from the
cache?

I am sorry if my questions are quite basic! The more I appreciate
your help.

Kaspar