List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Help needed with DirectLink and page parameters (Was: Contrib:Table and page parameters)
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2007-12-19 15:10:13

Dear list,

In order to isolate the problem, I tried to do something much
simpler: showing
a DirectLink on one of my pages.

The tapestry manual gives an example on how to use DirectLink with
listeners:

   http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/QuickStart/directlink.html
   http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/UsersGuide/listenermethods.html

However, these examples assume that the content of the page
containing the
DirectLink does not depend on page parameters.

How can I use a DirectLink on a page that depends on a parameter, for
instance of, on a page like this

   http://my.org/app?page=Article&id=27

The link generated by a DirectLink component is something like

   http://...Article,$MyComponent.$DirectLink.sdirect

but does not mention the id. So the listener is executed but afterwards,
the Article page does not know which item (namely id=27) it should show!

I feel very much that I am on the wrong track and would be very glad to
receive some help.

Many thanks,
Kaspar