List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Caching: dependency on session data [OT?]
From:       Francois Armand <farmand () linagora ! com>
Date:       2007-11-28 13:22:38

Kaspar Fischer wrote:
> Dear All,

Helllo,

> If so, my next question is slightly off-topic: How can I implement
> caching? Lots of data I display on my Tapestry pages is pulled from
> a DB and this might be expensive. I see two approaches:
>
> * Caching "in front of T": use some page cache that caches the
>   HTML output by T
>
> * Caching "behind T": use a caching layer between T and my DB
>
> [...]
> Does anybody have any experiences with a mechansism like this?
> Are there any caching libraries out there that accomplish this?
I haven't any experience in caching a webapp, but perhaps that you can
have another solution that is :
* cache the object pulled from the DB. For that, you can rely upon the
caching system of your ORM, or use a caching library (for instance
EhCache : http://ehcache.sourceforge.net).

I use EhCache for caching expensive authorization evaluation, and it
works well.

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE