List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Dynamic pages (or: arguments to pages)
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2007-11-26 18:49:40

Hi All,

I am new to Tapestry and would be glad to receive a hint on how to
realize
"dynamic pages", i.e., pages whose content depends on GET arguments.

I have a database full of articles, each having an Id, and I want to
show each article on its own page. In PHP, I would have used URLs like

   http://my.organization.org/app?page=article&id=2832

to display article with Id 2832.

I am not quite sure what the Tapestry way for such a problem is. I've
coded a page ArticlePage that extends BasePage and now need a way to
learn the Id from the URL. How can I do this?

Many thanks,
Kaspar