List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Using Alfresco from within Tapestry
From:       Kaspar Fischer <fischerk () inf ! ethz ! ch>
Date:       2007-11-19 21:58:37

Marcus, many thanks for your kind reply.

Your link helped me to get started and I think I see the way.
Unfortunately,
I've run into a (Alfresco specific?) problem. But maybe one of you
has run
into a similar one and can help?

The problem is this: Alfresco and my Tapestry webapp run as follows
in Tomcat:

   tomcat
     webapps
       alfresco.war      <-- Alfresco webapp
     wtpwebapps
       ROOT          <-- don't know, probably not important
       mywebapp      <-- my Tapestry app
     shared
       lib           <-- empty
       classes       <-- empty

Unfortunately, all Alfresco code is in alfresco.war (inside: alfresco/
WEB-INF/lib/) including Spring 2.0.2 itself. So if my webapp mywebapp
wants to use this code, the Alfresco/Spring jars should be in shared/
lib/,
right? Otherwise I get java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.

But it seems I cannot move/copy the jars as I get strange warnings about
logging being disabled. So what is the best way to share Alfresco's jars
with another webapp?

Could it be that changing "shared.loader" in tomcat/conf/
catalina.properties
to include webapps/alfresco/WEB-INF/lib helps? I am very reluctant to do
something drastic like this.

I'd be very glad to receive some more help as I am rather lost here.

Many thanks,
Kaspar

P.S. The jars in question (in alfresco.war:WEB-INF/lib/) are:

acegi-security-0.8.2_patched.jar
activation.jar
addressing-1.0.jar
alfresco-core.jar