List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: TapIDEA future, post "Time to move on"
From:       "Pedro Viegas" <pviegas () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-31 20:37:10

+1 James.
Let's all please calm down, we all want the same thing, to make Tapestry
even better than it is, to keep improving it.
The fact we all care so much is a good thing, the fact that we're all so
committed to this can be an advantage.
But let's be very objective about things. We don't all have to agree on
everything. It's from the diversity of ideas and different points of view
that the best options rise.

And please, let's consider always all that a sum of a few very good software
architects/developers and their commitment to a project for some years now
have given us... in return of... not much.
I think we are all very much appreciated for all the effort that is behind
Tapestry. Let's keep that in mind and give the necessary time to let things
mature and get more concrete. I'm sure all we say is taken in consideration.
But we do have to try and focus on what matters.
I am also worried like I stated before on the future of my Tap 4 (or 4.1 to
be more precise) code. But I have to trust on people like Howard and Jesse
that they know what they are doing. Lets wait for a more mature idea before
we judge so harshly.

Anyway, one post I think was practically ignored.
Andreas took the initiative of making contacts and said...
"I believe that with Alex, Petr and Geertjan's help we can create something
useful and nice."

These people are willing. Commiters like Jesse although can't be active
participants in the work have offer support to the task (don't know how you
can keep adding work to the pile and keep the response you do! Should write
a book on time management and programming productivity! :-D).
If we can just find a way to make this willingness possible... how about it,
lets get focused on the problem. I have never seen before so much debate
with ideas and several people committed in this subject (although I'm still
quite new to this! :-)) so let's take advantage of the memento!

Opinions on how we can do this?
Options?
What do you propose?
Guess my previous layering idea was not so hot eh?

Regards,

On 8/31/06, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:

> This conversation isn't heading in the right direction.  As the Tapestry
> community, we need to focus on trying to make Tapestry better.  Personal
> attacks against people that you don't agree with are not going to help the
> situation (not blaming either party here, but I've seen a similar thread
> in
> the past that got somewhat ugly).
>
> Yes, there is indeed somewhat of a disagreement here between the user
> community and the development community with respect to the future
> development of Tapestry.  How about we focus on figuring out what we can
> do
> to remedy that disagreement and come to a compromise?

Pedro Viegas