List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    RE: Conditional validation
From:       "Tony Herstell" <tony () cambridgesoftware ! co ! nz>
Date:       2006-04-28 20:51:20

I also asked for this kind of functionality and raised a formal Tap bug on
it so vote for that...

Jesse did a great job improving the Validation for Tap 4 but I believe what
you want to do is still not possible on the front end; i.e. your solution is
to catch this in back end validation and return the page with errors.

I still have fields that are mandatory, but I hide them based on another
field; this causes the validation in Tap4 to still say it needs to be filled
in... so my ONLY solution to this is to turn the fields to NOT be mandatory.

If I was a better programmer I would try to help Jessee and help fix these
problems.

Struts gives you "inter-field" validation like this... on the front end... I
think it was something like <depends-on>...

Tony.