List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    abort page rendering for exception handling
From:       "Rene Schneider" <Rene.Schneider2 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-30 20:32:47

Hello!

I have a page in which I use a ForEach component to iterate over a list. The
method
that returns the list fetch the list items from database. Thereby can a
java.lang.Exception occur. I catch the Exception in this method and want to
handle
it. Therefor I activate another page, but than tapestry shows this error:

Class org.apache.tapestry.components.Foreach$Enhance_607 overrides method
'prepareForRender()' but does not invoke the super-class implementation.

Is it not possible to abort the page rendering and go to another page? What
is the
latest point where I can go to another page than the activated page or is it

impossible after activating a page?
Where should I do the exception handling and the data fetching work that is
needed
for rendering a page: in the action (listener method) that result in this
page or in
the page itself?

Thanks in advance!

René

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!