List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    [newbie] missing SimpleEngine - use BaseEngine instead
From:       Ben Hogan <bwhogan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-11-27 9:25:35

So, I'm looking in the source code, for a getting started example, and
I see there is this:

examples\Tutorial2\src\tutorial\hello\*

but when I start my server (Jetty) I get a class not found exception
(error 500) for net.sf.tapestry.engine.SimpleEngine

Fix: change the engine-class specified in the HelloWorld.application file to

<application name="Hello World Tutorial"
engine-class="org.apache.tapestry.engine.BaseEngine">
</application>

and it works!

--
Ben Hogan