List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    Re: Changing Scheme and Port in the listener code
From:       Paul Ferraro <pmf8 () columbia ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-28 20:06:55

A servlet request is read-only.  To make the HTTPS -> HTTP transition
will require a redirect.
e.g.

public void loginSubmit(IRequestCycle cycle)
{
    // login logic
    RequestContext request = cycle.getRequestContext();
    ILink link =
cycle.getEngine().getService(Tapestry.PAGE_SERVICE).getLink(cycle,
cycle.getPage(), new String[] { "Home" });
    throw new RedirectException(link.getAbsoluteURL("http",
request.getServerName(), 80, null, true));
}

In my own applications I use a custom RedirectException implementation
(I posted it a while back) that aims to encapsulate this type of url
generation logic.

Paul