List:       tapestry-user
Subject:    RE: setting size and maxlength of ValidField in a reusable  component
From:       "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hlship () attbi ! com>
Date:       2003-03-24 23:50:23

You can still use inherited binding, informal parameters can still make use
of inherited bindings.  Declare two formal parameters on your component, and
have the ValidField link informal parameters "size" and "maxlength" to the
formal parameters of the containing component.

Those two parameters harken way, way back to before your were allowed to
specify informal parameters in the template.  I also thought I could rename
HTML attributes (size -> displayWidth, maxlength -> maximumLength) like that
wouldn't confuse anybody.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components