List:       tails-testers
Subject:    Re: [Tails-testers] Tails 3.0~Alpha1
From:       intrigeri <intrigeri () boum ! org>
Date:       2016-11-27 16:43:42

hi,

Damian Lin:
> Tried using the 3.0~Alpha1 booting from USB on Surface Pro 4.

> The Bluetooth, Touchscreen and Type Cover Keyboard are not working.

Thanks, this is useful feedback.

Bluetooth is not supported in Tails.

I could read the same report about the touchscreen elsewhere (Arch
Linux, August 2016).

According to various sources, the Type Cover keyboard requires
a 3rd-party kernel patch to work. This device will be supported in
Tails once that patch is included in the upstream Linux kernel.
I was not able to find any trace of that patch being submitted
upstream, so I'm not holding my breathe. Sorry for the bad news!

> Wifi and USB Ethernet are working.

Cool!