List:       tails-testers
Subject:    Re: [Tails-testers] tor-log and dump of /var/log/syslog
From:       tom joad <lostngone () yandex ! com>
Date:       2014-10-27 20:55:09

I,

Sorry, I haven't been checking my mail here. Anyway, yes, 1.2 will not connecct at \
that one site. It works fine on all other that I have come accross. But that one site \
is an extreme case and one reason I began using Tails in earnest. I believe that the \
site steals a lot of private info from users. Many folks use the site are fully \
unaware of the potential hazards. What I have noticed is the site demands fulll \
access to the unsafe browser to connect. The site doesn't like NOscripts if it locked \
down to extreme. Lastly, when I connect to router, I am immediately redirected to \
another router to log on...all very odd. Also it is the only site that uses some odd, \
unstandard certificate to connect.

Tails 1.1.2 and all before it connected fine. Not Tails 1.2!

The site I use is panera.com and the internet provider is wanderingwifi.com out of \
Atlanta, Georgia, USA. That is the oddest, most knarly and invasive site I have ever \
run across. It creeps me out. If I am using Tails, I am ok with it. Otherwise I don't \
even turn on my computer.

I have a copy of 1.1.2 I can load on a zip drive to connect so I can send you a log \
or whatever you would like. I will do that tonight and get you a log from it by \
tomorrow.

TJ

P.S. I just love Tails!