List:       tails-testers
Subject:    Re: [Tails-testers] 1.2 beta vs 1.1.2 errors
From:       intrigeri <intrigeri () boum ! org>
Date:       2014-10-05 12:37:40

Hi Emma,

(Cc'ing you as I'm not sure whether you read -testers@)

Thanks for forwarding this email to us, but I'm not sure what you
expect us to do then, since it lacks most information we would need to
make anything out of it.

In case you have a way to get more information, I'll make it clear
below what's unclear or missing. And if you have no such way, then
please make it clear next time that it's all what we'll ever have:
knowing this changes a lot the way (at least) I look at such
incomplete reports.

Emma Peel wrote (05 Oct 2014 11:06:45 GMT) :
> 1.2 sept 27th build

> Exact steps to reproduce the error
> ----------------------------------
> Create USB key from Linux using online steps

What installation method is that exactly? Manual Linux install?

> Dell Optiplex 9020 won't start on 1.2 beta (2014/09/27) using USB key.
> DVD will run fine. Stops after applying Kernel patches,

There's no such thing as "kernel patches" in the boot process, so
instead of such attempts at guessing what's happening, we need to know
what's actually on the screen.

> and hangs on radeon (video card drivers?).

This can mean many different things. What's happening exactly?

> Tails 1.1.2 boots fine using the exact same key.

Installed the exact same way?

> The same key used on an iMac is simply not recognised.

Recognized by what?

Cheers,
--
intrigeri