List:       tails-l10n
Subject:    Re: [Tails-l10n] [Tails-dev] Git history rewrite
From:       intrigeri <intrigeri () boum ! org>
Date:       2015-02-21 17:25:17

Hi,

thanks to BitingBird, we've identified a serious problem in this
process. Let's try to fix that. Please read on.

intrigeri wrote (21 Feb 2015 12:07:09 GMT) :
>> To make it easy for everybody and
>> have less pain for us or for yourself in the future. I would like to ask
>> you to push any local branches you might have laying around, even if the
>> work isn't finished, to the git repo.

> ... by Monday at noon CET.

So, if you have commit credentials to the official main repository,
the instructions above apply just fine.

Otherwise:

1. Look for branches you have locally, that were not merged into any
   main branch (master, stable, testing, etc.) in the official
   repository. These commands may help you detect such branches:

     # replace XXX with the name of your Git remote that tracks the
     # official Tails Git repository, e.g. "origin", "official",
     # "officiel", "upstream", whatever you chose
     git checkout XXX/testing
     git branch --no-merged

2. Make sure you have pushed each such branch (that you plan to go on
   working on later) to your personal repository online.

3. Send us (Jurre and I) the list of these branches *and* the URL for
   your personal Git repository by Monday, noon CET.

Then, we'll import your personal WIP branches into the official
repository, so that they get rewritten at the same time as others,
which should make the aftermath of this rewriting process a tiny bit
less painful for you :)

Cheers,
--
intrigeri