List:       tails-l10n
Subject:    [Tails-l10n] xylotomy
From:       acclimatised () waagenbau-brose ! de (Niswonger Bazzi)
Date:       2014-03-31 13:27:59

 North might have abstained from defending it

Ts while she assumes it before the glass, and blows away the strictly imaginary dust; \
for what worldly impurity can penetrate through half a dozen layers of cambric and \
tissue-paper? Dear me, what a comfort it is to have a nice, fresh, holiday \
faith!--When I returned to the parlor, Miss Blunt was still sitting with her Bible in \
her lap. Somehow or other, I no longer felt in the mood for jesting. So I asked her \
soberly what she had been reading. Soberly she answered me. She inquired how I had \
spent my half-hour. "In thinking good Sabbath thoughts," I said. "I have been walking \
in the garden." And then I spoke my mind. "I have been thanking Heaven that it has \
led me, a poor, friendless wanderer, into so peaceful an anchorage." "Are you, then, \
so poor and friendless?" asked Miss Blunt, quite abruptly. "Did you ever hear of an \
art-student under thirty who wasn't poor?" I answered. "Upon my word, I have yet to \
sell my first picture. Then, as for being friendless, there are not five people in \
the world who really care for me." "_Really_ care? I am afraid you look too close. \
And then I think five good friends is a very large number. I think myself very well \
off with a couple. But if you are friendless, it's probably your own fault." "Perhaps \
it is," said I, sitting down in the rocking-chair; "and yet, perhaps, it isn't. Have \
you found me so very repulsive? Haven't you, on the contrary, found me rather \
sociable?" She folded her arms, and quietly looked at me for a moment, before \
answering. I shouldn't wonder if I blushed a little. "You want a compliment, Mr \
Locksley; that's the long and short of it. I have not paid you a compliment since you \
have been here. How you must have suffered! But it's a pity you couldn't have waited \
awhile longer, instead of beginning to angle with that very clumsy bait. For an \
artist, you are very inartistic. Men never know how to wait. 'Have I found you \
repulsive? haven't I found you sociable?' Perhaps, after all, considering what I have \
in my mind, it is as well that you asked for your compliment. I have found you \
charming. I say it freely; and yet I say, with equal sincerity, that I fancy very few \
                others would find you so. I can s