List:       tails-dev
Subject:    Re: [Tails-dev] dynamically re-configuring Tails firewall [Was: rdesktop to localhost]
From:       intrigeri <intrigeri () boum ! org>
Date:       2015-12-30 21:28:26

Hi,

Andreas Krey wrote (30 Dec 2015 16:34:39 GMT) :
> I have a problem with using rdesktop via ssh port forwarding.
> I.e. I run 'ssh somewhere.onion -L 4389:dest:3389' and now
> want to run 'rdesktop localhost:4389'. This unfortunately
> (and, after skimming the design docs, expectedly) fails.

I personally often need similar things, and other interesting use
cases such as running stuff behind onion services requires firewall
adjustments as well. In passing, this sounds like a case for dynamic
firewall handling, ala Subgraph OS firewall or Little Snitch:

  https://twitter.com/subgraph/status/651079353384603649
  https://github.com/subgraph/fw-daemon
  https://twitter.com/littlesnitch

(If anyone wants to discuss this further, please follow-up on
tails-dev@boum.org and not on -support@.)

And for the actual case at hand (follow-ups should go on -support@):

> But I very much would like a pointer to how I can actually
> run programs so they are able to access localhost listeners.

You probably want to use `iptables -I' (at your own risks).

Cheers,
--
intrigeri