List:       tails-dev
Subject:    Re: [Tails-dev] [website][review'n'merge]known issues
From:       intrigeri <intrigeri () boum ! org>
Date:       2015-05-31 9:28:23

emmapeel wrote (31 May 2015 08:47:42 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> Your repo apparently still has the old, pre-rewrite Git history =>
>> please don't point anyone to it before this has been fixed, because
>> otherwise they'll pull ~200MB when fetching from your repo, and then
>> if anyone re-publishes it then everybody's repo will grow the same,
>> which would kill the benefit of having bothered to rewrite Git history
>> in the first place.
>>
> You mean my whole repo, or the 9413-known-issues branch?

I've not checked that specific branch (and I trust you it's fine), but
when I started fetching from your remote, Git told me it was going to
fetch an amount of objects that felt *way* too high. Hence my
(educated) guess.

The thing is, most Tails contributors don't know how to fetch one
single branch from a given remote, so my reasoning above still holds,
even if that specific branch is fine.

If you want, you may ask -sysadmins@ to reset your repo to a clean,
pristine state without the old history.

Cheers,