List:       tails-dev
Subject:    [Tails-dev] feature/remember_installed_packages : next steps
From:       intrigeri () boum ! org (intrigeri)
Date:       2013-05-24 8:54:44

hi,

Alan wrote (22 May 2013 17:08:02 GMT) :
> I updated the ticked for a proposal for the UI:

>     ## GUI to edit additional software packages configuration

>     Design and implement a nice GUI to select additional software
>     packages to make persistent persistent (possibly among those that
>     have been installed during session).

>     Proposal:

>     - (preembre) merge the 3 APT persistence options : APT lists
>       cache,

What do you mean with "preembre"?

>       APT packages cache, additional software packages
>     - when Alice (logged with administrative privileges with additional
>       software persistence setup) installs a package, she gets a
>       notification "Do you want to reinstall this software package next
>       time you boot Tails?" with a button to add this package to
>       additional software packages
>     - when Alice removes a packages incuded in additional software

I guess "removes" means "deinstalls from the system" here, right?
If that's the case, please clarify this on the ticket. There are at
least three places where such a package could be removed from.

>       packages, the package is removed from the list of additional
>       software packages and she gets a notification "The software
>       package was removed from your additional software.".

> Please comment. However, the GUI part is currently low priority for me.

I find this design sensible, but indeed, I think it's 2.0 material, if
not even lower priority.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri