List:       tails-dev
Subject:    [Tails-dev] Tails 0.19 release schedule
From:       intrigeri () boum ! org (intrigeri)
Date:       2013-05-23 22:00:53

Hi,

I plan to have the next Tails release be a small(ish) major one.
It will be called 0.19.

Here's its preliminary release schedule:

  2013-06-15   freeze, build and upload Tails 0.19~rc1 ISO
  2013-06-16   test Tails 0.19~rc1
  2013-06-17   release Tails 0.19~rc1

  2013-06-23   Firefox 17.0.7 ESR source is available
               => anonym and intrigeri package it
  2013-06-24   build and upload Tails 0.19 ISO
  2013-06-25   Firefox 17.0.7 ESR is officially out
  2013-06-25   test Tails 0.19
  2013-06-26   release Tails 0.19

Notes:

  * Translators: your translation window will mainly be from June 15
    to 22. But we'll try to point you at whatever is ready for
    translation earlier, when possible.

  * Core developers: after a quick survey, we need one more person to
    volunteer for the RC1 test suite day (June 16). Please volunteer
    or make it clear that you can't make it. If we are not enough
    volunteers, then I'll have to reschedule the whole thing, and I'd
    rather do this sooner than later.

  * The release is scheduled for the day after the ESR update is
    announced. That's, by far, the shortest we've ever attempted. Woo!
    I'm taking benefit of the ESR update source code being available
    at least 2 days before their security and release announces go
    out. I gather this time is meant for downstreams (such as us) to
    have packages ready in time, so why not? And if the TBB patches
    are not ready in time, then we'll just prepare the .deb's and the
    ISO on Monday 24. Doable.

  * The time between RC1 and final ISO build is short (a week).
    I plan to aggressively revert new features that are discovered to
    be buggy, unless good bugfixes are provided very fast after the
    bug is discovered. Just so you know :)

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri