List:       tails-dev
Subject:    [Tails-dev] Deanonymization potential by the desktop user
From:       intrigeri () boum ! org (intrigeri)
Date:       2013-05-15 15:23:09

Hi,

while discussing the usefulness of delaying Tails 0.18 due to a local
root privilege escalation bug, Julien Voisin pointed me at potential
deanonymization attacks one may conduct against Tails users, once
given the right to run arbitrary code as the desktop (`amnesia') user.

I've quickly summed up our (very preliminary) thoughts on a ticket so
that this does not get lost:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/investigate_deanonymization_potential_by_the_desktop_user/

Julien says he might have time to go on investigating this in a week,
but I'm sure he won't mind if someone else starts working on this.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri