List:       tails-dev
Subject:    [Tails-dev] Tails web browser home page [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]
From:       intrigeri () boum ! org (intrigeri)
Date:       2013-02-22 16:59:33

Hi,

Runa A. Sandvik wrote (04 Feb 2013 15:12:51 GMT) :
> - I am used to the Tor Browser and was surprised to see that
> check.torproject.org was not the default home page.

Yes, we eventually grew confident enough in the various levels of Tor
enforcement in Tails, that we did not feel it was needed anymore to
add this check. On the contrary, the awareness that Tails is an
evolving project seems very low among Tails users. E.g. they often
learn about new features months later, they don't know they can test
release candidates, and so on. That's why we decided to use our news
web page as the web browser homepage. Some of us have ideas to make
this even better, e.g. adding tips to this page, that would change
from time to time, and be a nice way to point users at interesting
features (or limitations) of Tails.

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri