List:       tails-dev
Subject:    [Tails-dev] Icedove modifications
From:       intrigeri () boum ! org (intrigeri)
Date:       2012-04-19 23:47:35

hi,

intrigeri wrote (17 Jan 2012 10:40:29 GMT) :
> anonym wrote (16 Jan 2012 12:23:24 GMT) :
>> Now I think everything is ready :)

> Great. Let's organize next steps, then?

[I wanted to send a quarterly ping, but then I did a bit more...]

I took some time to look where things are at. Looks like things need
to be done on various sides for us to hope completing this move some
day. I've just updated (2a45e2f)
https://tails.boum.org/todo/Return_of_Icedove__63__/ to add a few
missing next steps.

Then I stopped updating this page, but I think it is seriously lacking
in terms of crucial information and clear action items on other sides
as well:

  * the autoconfig patches, and their Git repository, are not
    mentioned anywhere
  * upstreaming the autoconfig patches is not listed as an action item
  * writing design documentation is not listed as an action item;
    without this done, I doubt we can ever push our patches to any
    value of $UPSTREAM
  * some actionable code tasks are in "Design decisions", while some
    are in "Things to implement"

The autoconfig improvements look great, we should not let them be
buried under other stuff!

Cheers,
--
  intrigeri