List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    Re: xtags taglib - templates and copyOf
From:       "James Strachan" <james_strachan () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-21 4:08:35

Hi Ray

I'm glad its working :-)

From: "Ray Allis" <ray.allis@boeing.com>
> James Strachan wrote:
>
> > Hi Ray
> >
> > <xtags:copyOf> is the tag you want, this essentially outputs the XML of
the
> > nodes you select via XPath, with all markup intact.
> >
> > I've hit the problem of <xtags:copyOf> and "Not allowed to flush in
custom
> > tags" before. There was some code calling flush() in the XTags code (and
> > sometimes in the dom4j code) which I've patched recently. So maybe if
you
> > use the latest CVS image of the XTags library this problem might go
away?

> Thank you!  I was using xtags-20010511.tar.gz because that was the
> latest I could find on jakarta.apache.org last week.
>
> So, I downloaded xtags-20010620.tar.gz from jakarta.apache.org, put
> xtags-examples.war in jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5/webapps/ and started tomcat.

Cool. I should really do a formal release soon.

> http://analogy.sea.boeing.com:8080/xtags-examples/index.jsp works,
> except the style demos...
>
> ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl

This sounds like a Xalan version issue. You could try a later version of
Xalan. (Have you any old ones tucked away in the dreaded jre/lib/ext?
You also need a 1.1 version of jaxp.jar but I'm assuming you have that in
your CLASSPATH to be able to find the Xalan processor.

> I have had these things all over the place.  Last successful setup had
> dom4j and log4j in /usr/java/jre/lib/ext (so I don't have to have them
> in -every- application.)  This messed me up this time because those
> were picked up rather than the newer ones in xtags-examples.

Agreed. I tend to avoid using jre/lib/ext as its easy to forget whats in
there (and how old the version is) and can be quite confusing when things
don't work.

James