List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    Re: Trimmed down JSTL for JSP 1.1
From:       Henri Yandell <bayard () generationjava ! com>
Date:       2002-08-25 23:21:58

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Eugene Bekker wrote:

> I've been using the JSTL tags extensively in several projects, but one of my
> recent projects is constrained to JSP 1.1 and I wanted to stay within the
> standard set as much as possible.  I made a quick attempt to port over the
> JSTL code back to 2.2/1.1 and so far it's been promising, but before moving
> forward I wanted to make sure I wasn't duplicating work.

As far as I know, there's no work in progress [or at least publically in
progress] porting JSTL to 1.1. While there was talk of it a while back, I
don't think anyone wanted to commit themselves until JSTL itself was
released and the specification stopped changing.

I can't see why there'd be any negative views to a JSTL port at Jakarta.
It makes a lot of sense even if it is a limited life project.

Hen