List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    RE: Scrape issues
From:       Steve.Lewis () cti-pet ! com
Date:       2002-05-23 19:37:37

Here's the .jsp.  It works for the example URL, but not on any other URL.
---

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/scrape-1.0" prefix="scrp"
%>

doobie doo

<scrp:page url="http://www.yahoo.com" time="11">
          <scrp:scrape id="weather1" begin="<PRE>" end="</PRE>" anchors
="true"/>
      </scrp:page>

        <h3 align="center">Weather Quote</h3><br/><br/>

          The example below scrapes the page for the
="http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/city/mo/columbia.txt">Columbia,

          Missouri weather forecast</a> from the <a href
="http://weather.noaa.gov/">National Weather Service</a> site. In this
scrape, the
and <b>end</b> anchor attributes
          were set to the &lt;PRE> and &lt;/PRE> tags that surround the
forecast.

        <scrp:result scrape="weather1"/>

hey there

I have the taglib .tld in WEB-INF (scrape.tld) and the scrape.jar in the
WEB-INF/lib directory.

  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/scrape-1.0</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/scrape.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

I got a recent version of ORO, so I don't think that's it.

Thanks,
Steve

                                                                                      \

                      ceska@employon.co                                               \

                      m                        To:       \
                taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org                                       \

                                               cc:                                    \

                      05/22/2002 08:57         Subject:  RE: Scrape issues            \

                      PM                                                              \

                      Please respond to                                               \

                      "Tag Libraries                                                  \

                      Users List"                                                     \

                                                                                      \

                                                                                      \

I have played with this a lot in the past week.  Let me see your code that
does not work.  Also, did you install this exactly as the readme stated?

Thanks

-chris