List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    Re: Usage of i18n in JSTL
From:       Vernon Wu <vernonw () gatewaytech ! com>
Date:       2002-05-23 1:45:57

It works!

Hi, Jan,

The last problem, I think, is that I didn't have the associated tld files come with \
the jar files. I don't see the tld files is  used if using taglib directive as you \
suggest however. I test on both ways of setting up tag lib directive. Both are  \
working.

The two problem are resolved with the lastest jstl build. Chinese characters are \
displayed properly while the locale is  en_US, character set is UTF-8 (zh is on the \
top of of language list in the browser).

In addition of presentation lay message, some messages come from the server such as \
validation messages. Do I need  to create another set of resource bundle, or I can \
use the same resource bundle to handle i18n issue?

When jstl is in place, can I set up a button to let the users change the locale(not \
in the browser self) to switch to  another language?

Thanks very much for your help,

Vernon