List:       taglibs-user
Subject:    Re: Suppress whitespace generation?
From:       Steve Morrison <steve.morrison () verizon ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 17:25:49

I suggest the <choose> tag in the jstl (and probably other tags as well) should
trim their content.  Considering:
<c:choose>
  <c:when test="$param:foo == 'bar1'">...</c:when>
  <c:when test="$param:foo == 'bar2'">...</c:when>
  <c:when test="$param:foo == 'bar3'">...</c:when>
  <c:otherwise>...</c:otherwise>
</c:choose>
produces 5 unnecessary newlines and spaces.  Since you never expect content to be

-Steve