List:       taglibs-dev
Subject:    Re: Work on DBTags and XSL, release 2, and etcetera
From:       Glenn Nielsen <glenn () voyager ! apg ! more ! net>
Date:       2001-06-30 18:28:49

Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
> > re DBTags:
> >
> > It would make the nightly build and releases easier if /home/cvs/jakarta-taglibs/jdbc
> > were renamed to /home/cvs/jakarta-taglibs/dbtags on daedalus, and any references to
> > using the "jdbc" directory inside DBTags changed to "dbtags".  You should just
> > be able to do an "mv jdbc dbtags" in /home/cvs/jakarta-taglibs on daedalus.
>
> Does that work?  I didn't want to move the directories, because I wanted
> to maintain the CVS history.  Although I suppose that since DBTags is
> still pre-release, it doesn't really matter that much.
>
> OK, as long as it is safe to rename CVS directories, I'll do so.  I'm
> assuming that you've renamed directories before and that it doesn't cause
> any problems with the CVS metadata.

The following directory name changes should be made.

jakarta-taglibs/jdbc/src/org/apache/taglibs/jdbc
  ->  jakarta-taglibs/jdbc/src/org/apache/taglibs/dbtags

jakarta-taglibs/jdbc  ->  jakarta-taglibs/dbtags

The following link shows how to move a directory within the repository.

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#I_need_to_move_files_around_without_losing_revision_history

Then update jakarta-taglibs/build.xml so that the target is dbtags instead of jdbc.
And update the package declarations in the java source files in
jakarta-taglibs/dbtags/src/org/apache/taglibs/dbtags/*
so that they use package org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.

Thanks,

Glenn