List:       taglibs-dev
Subject:    JDBC tags updated
From:       "Delagrange, Morgan" <mdelagra () us ! britannica ! com>
Date:       2001-01-31 1:12:31

Hi all,

As you probably saw by the commits, I've updated the JDBC tag library.  I'm
much happier with this version, and I think it's a good candidate for
release.

Formerly, I had getter/setter tags for every SQL data type (over 40 tags in
all).  That was just too unwieldy.  I decided to simplify the tags
drastically.  Now there is a single tag for each: getColumn and setColumn.
I've tested these tags with mySql and Oracle.  They work fine for simple
numbers and text strings, and I added the ability to read from (but not
write to) Clobs as well.

I'd like to release these tags soon, if the other developers are happy with
them.

- Morgan

P.S. I know I'm probably still sending HTML attachments.  Our Operations
folks are trying to fix the problem with our Outlook server.  Please bear
with me!  :)