List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Taglib album image
From:       patrick machielse <patrick () hieper ! nl>
Date:       2018-03-04 0:43:47

Op 4 mrt. 2018, om 01:11 heeft Mark P <mark_np@hotmail.it> het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> Any good Samaritan would be willing to help me on how to extract image album from \
> on specific path using visual studio with c++.  With the code in example folder I \
> can get every tag from mp3, m4a, wav and wma but I don't know how to get album art. \
>  I only managed to extract it from mp3 using another library (id3lib) and I would \
> need to get it from other audio format.  It has been 4-5 days that I'm searching on \
> the net without finding anything about taglib relative to my problem. I found a \
> method in an answer of taglib's developer on stack overflow but it applies only to \
> mp3 and I don't know how to convert it and save it as an image from the struct it \
> returns. I found other methods always on Google but they are not working.

You need to access the appropriate frame or atom in your tag.

Some aproximate code to get you started:

For ID3:

for ( auto it : v2Tag->frameList("APIC") ) {
    AttachedPictureFrame *apic = dynamic_cast<AttachedPictureFrame *>(it);
    if ( apic ) {
	// use apic->picture().data() of apic->picture().size() to create an image in your \
app framework  }
}

For mp4:

CoverArtList coverArtList = tag->itemListMap()["covr"].toCoverArtList();
for ( auto it : coverArtList ) {
    CoverArt pic = static_cast<CoverArt >(it);
    // use pic->data().data() of pic.data().size() to create an image in your app \
framework }

Hope this helps,

patrick
--