I suspect what you're seeing is that the indexer is using the old = version of TagLib, and the file introduced specifically is testing for = that bug. I don't think that's really a bug of the TagLib developer = sources. -Scott > On Oct 24, 2016, at 13:56, Tomaz Canabrava wrote: >=20 > please cc to me as I'm not on the mailing-list. >=20 > I'm not sure if this bug is here for a longer time, but a binary file = introduced in 9b995544e ( toc_many_children.mp3 ) causes taglib to eat = my whole memory ( 20gbs ) and my system is unresponsive.=20 >=20 > I know that this file is used only for testing purposes but as soon as = I checked out the repository, baloo tried to index it and in the index = it uses taglib to find out about mp3 information, and poof.=20 >=20 > I tried to run the tests files and they run fine=20 > vlc also crashes trying to open the file (also using taglib) >=20 > Tomaz