List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Recent taglib memleak introduced in 9b995544e
From:       Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-10-24 11:56:55

please cc to me as I'm not on the mailing-list.

I'm not sure if this bug is here for a longer time, but a binary file
introduced in 9b995544e ( toc_many_children.mp3 ) causes taglib to eat my
whole memory ( 20gbs ) and my system is unresponsive.

I know that this file is used only for testing purposes but as soon as I
checked out the repository, baloo tried to index it and in the index it
uses taglib to find out about mp3 information, and poof.

I tried to run the tests files and they run fine
vlc also crashes trying to open the file (also using taglib)

Tomaz