List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Can TagLib2.0 require C++11 or Boost?
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-11-18 4:26:37

On Nov 18, 2013, at 12:20 AM, Tsuda Kageyu <tsuda.kageyu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about making changes that requires at least one of C++11 or =

> Boost Smart Pointers to TagLib 2.0. =

I=92m also strongly against requiring Boost.  One of the major features of =
TagLib is that it pulls in virtually no extra dependencies (excepting zlib,=
 which is even optional).  For a small, e.g. C project that=92s just coinci=
dentally reading ID3 tags, requiring Boost is a major move in the wrong dir=
ection.

-Scott