List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Read only file access
From:       patrick machielse <patrick () hieper ! nl>
Date:       2012-03-30 12:44:14

Op 30 mrt. 2012, om 14:05 heeft Lukáš Lalinský het volgende geschreven:

> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:51 PM, patrick machielse <patrick@hieper.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We use TagLib in a Mac OS application. Recently our App Store submission was \
> > refused because of 'modifying a user file'. Yes.
> > Details are fuzzy, but we now believe that the rejection may be a result of \
> > TagLib opening audio files in tfile.cpp like this:
> > file = fopen(name, "rb+");
> >
> > Is there a higher level way to specify in TagLib that that we only want to open \
> > the file in readonly mode?
> > We noticed this pull-requests on git-hub but there seems to be no resolution:
> >
> > https://github.com/taglib/taglib/pull/3
> >
> > I think it would be able to use 'brute force' and copy the files to a temp \
> > directory before reading the file tag. I think Apple still allows that (knock on \
> > wood), but it is so in-elegant...
>
> The relevant changes were implemented here:
>
> https://github.com/taglib/taglib/commit/a04da3f1592a8833fe2c55b6aa3177bbec0202b5
>
> The API has changed in the development version, that's why the pull
> request was not merged.

Aha, thanks.

It seems this code is not part of the regular releases. Is it scheduled to become \
part of a future release?

Should I just pull the most recent code from the git-hub master branch to get \
read-only functionality? What would be the disadvantages of doing that -- I assume \
there is a reason for leaving the file stream (and other new files) out of the 1.x \
releases so far?

patrick
--
Patrick Machielse