List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Tagging WAV files
From:       patrick machielse <patrick () hieper ! nl>
Date:       2011-09-28 14:53:14

Op 25 aug. 2011, om 01:40 heeft Scott Wheeler het volgende geschreven:

> No, I didn't mean with writing multiple tags -- more what I was getting at is that \
> very few programs write ID3v2 tags to WAV RIFF chunks.  In fact, those are the only \
> two programs that I know that do such.  And one of them is already using TagLib, \
> which can read either "ID3 " or "id3 " -- so what'd be interesting to figure out \
> first is if (a) Serato can read the TagLib default and (b) if not, if it'd make \
> sense to switch the TagLib default since it can read either format.

My tester tells me that:

- TagLib can find and update wav tags created by Serato
- Serato does not recognize tags that were initially written by TagLib

Therefore I think it would make sense to have TagLib write out a 'id3 ' chunk by \
default, instead of 'ID3 ' (if there is no collision with other third party \
software).

Traktor seems to only write metadata in the LIST/INFO chunk. At this moment I've \
sublcassed TagLib::RIFF::WAV::File to access this data, and I've written a small \
routine to (crudely) parse name / artist / comment information from it.

Is there code elsewhere in TagLib that I could use for parsing (and updating…) the \
LIST/INFO chunk data?

Thanks,
patrick
--