List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Tagging WAV files
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-08-24 23:40:25

On Aug 24, 2011, at 11:03 PM, patrick machielse wrote:

> The files my colleague sent me show that Traktor tags .wav files using RIFF 'INAM', \
> 'ICMT', and 'IART' chunks (see attached image). Perhaps this can be changed in the \
> Traktor settings?

Not that I see.  I'd expect this perhaps to be a Traktor 1 vs. Traktor 2 issue \
(Traktor 2 is the one that uses TagLib; I don't know what Traktor 1 did).  I also \
didn't do the Traktor integration at NI (literally the last task before I quit \
working there was adding this stuff to TagLib, so I'm not intimately familiar with \
how the integration went from there).

> I'll need to check this. But it seems that adding both is not an option for me now \
> because of the QTKit/Quicktime problem). And there shouldn't be two different tags, \
> preferably...

No, I didn't mean with writing multiple tags -- more what I was getting at is that \
very few programs write ID3v2 tags to WAV RIFF chunks.  In fact, those are the only \
two programs that I know that do such.  And one of them is already using TagLib, \
which can read either "ID3 " or "id3 " -- so what'd be interesting to figure out \
first is if (a) Serato can read the TagLib default and (b) if not, if it'd make sense \
to switch the TagLib default since it can read either format.

-Scott