List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: Help Compiling Taglib: missing 'config.h'
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-07-21 0:28:16

On Jul 21, 2011, at 2:05 AM, Pris Matic wrote:

> Scott, what did you mean by setting up includes for *all* the source dirs? I'm not \
> directly including each taglib source file in like main.cpp or anything, I compiled \
> the TagLib source as a static lib which I then link to.

TagLib only moves all of the headers into one directory when it's installed.  If you \
just want to build things from the source dir, you'll need to add each of the \
following to your project's includes (with whatever relative path to your taglib \
source prepended):

taglib
taglib/ape
taglib/asf
taglib/flac
taglib/it
taglib/mod
taglib/mp4
taglib/mpc
taglib/mpeg
taglib/mpeg/id3v1
taglib/mpeg/id3v2
taglib/mpeg/id3v2/frames
taglib/ogg
taglib/ogg/flac
taglib/ogg/speex
taglib/ogg/vorbis
taglib/riff
taglib/riff/aiff
taglib/riff/wav
taglib/s3m
taglib/toolkit
taglib/trueaudio
taglib/wavpack
taglib/xm

> In this case shouldn't I just have to link to 'tag.h' and 'fileref.h'?

No.  tag.h and fileref.h include other headers which they need to be able to find.  \
They won't be able to find them if you don't have the taglib source directories in \
your header search path.

-Scott