List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: error and warning messages
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-05-13 20:56:40

On May 13, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Ivar Eskerud Smith wrote:

> I have asked this question before, and I don`t think there is a way to do this.

Historically the reason for this is that the debugging messages were only intended \
for TagLib developers (honestly, I don't think any of them are particularly useful \
for application developers).  At that time KDE (and related packages, including \
TagLib) were always built with the NDEBUG define in release packages, which defines \
debug(x) and debugData(x) as empty macros.

-Scott