List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: is it possible to add undefined taglib tags (id3v2 ?)?
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-30 3:43:52

On Jan 29, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Nonnus ™ wrote:

> i noticed only a subset of tags are available on libtag and there
> seems to be no way of setting new ones
> (probably to ensure compatibility across file formats)
>
> in my case i am missing the option to edit the publisher tag (TPUB)
> witch i think is part of id3v2,
> is there any way to set up this or other undefined tags in libtag ?

For that you'll need to use the ID3v2::Tag class specifically rather
than the generic wrapper.  Here are the relevant bits:

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib/api/classTagLib_1_1ID3v2_1_1Tag.html#e090718d9acff1341530aa6438759b40

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib/api/classTagLib_1_1ID3v2_1_1TextIdentificationFrame.html

Cheers,

-Scott