List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Writing binary data to APE Item
From:       Алексей Новичков <novichko () atnet ! ru>
Date:       2010-04-13 15:56:54

Hi, is there any possibility to write into an APE Item some arbitrary
binary data that contains zero bytes? I'm implementing the "Cover Art
(front)" tag (which is supposedly compatible with Tag&Rename) where
cover description is separated from the actual cover data by '\0'.
I was trying this:

QByteArray data = ...//image data
data.prepend('\0');
data.prepend(description);

TagLib::APE::Item item;
item.setType(TagLib::APE::Item::Binary);
item.setKey("Cover Art (front)");
item.setValue(TagLib::String(data.data())); //???

but this won't work.

Maybe I should parse() an item?

P.S. In my Windows sources I added APE::Item::setValue(const
ByteVector&) function and compiled TagLib, but in Linux I cannot do it.