List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Re: bug encoding multibyte?
From:       Lukáš_Lalinský <lalinsky () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-04 22:16:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Pi, 2007-02-02 at 00:12 +0000, Ray wrote:
> hi,
>
> i've been having problem storing multibyte strings in
> mp3 tags -- i verify the input going in looks valid,
> but when i read the tag out of the mp3 and examine the
> data, it looks like garbage.
>
> can someone tell me if this is a mistake on my part?

It works fine here. My best guess would be that test.mp3 already
contains a TPE1 frame, but with encoding set to ISO-8859-1. Function
setArtist will reuse the existing frame and just set the text, without
changing the encoding to the default one (UTF-8).

(Btw, it would be better to send source code in attachments as the
word-wrap broke it. Also I guess "foo&#21894;bar" was supposed to
contain an Unicode characters, but your mail client converted it.)