List:       taglib-devel
Subject:    Using isNull()
From:       "Andrew Gatt" <andrew.gatt () cmatic ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-09-06 11:18:09

Hi,

I'm trying to write a program to automatically sort through files. I need to know if \
there is a valid header on the mp3 file, but using isNull() seems to return false \
even when there is no header,

TagLib::FileRef f(path);
if (f.isNull()) return -1;

giving out this error, but still returning not null.

TagLib: MPEG::Properties::read() -- Could not find a valid last MPEG frame in the \
stream

After this,

TagLib::Tag *tag = f.tag();
	if(tag) {

also returns true, and so my program prints out all the properties even though they \
are empty. How do i find out if there is no header in the first place? Or do i have \
to access the actual file pointer inside the mpeg class and use isValid()?

Thanks

Andrew