List:       systemd-devel
Subject:    Re: [systemd-devel] Additional Locale Variables for Units and Number Format
From:       Lennart Poettering <lennart () poettering ! net>
Date:       2023-08-31 10:21:49

On Di, 29.08.23 17:17, TJ Shipp (OneZoomer@msn.com) wrote:

> I am trying to add in support for a separate variable to change our unit system, \
> and having both LANG and UNITS to identify the "locale" of the system. We are also \
> not only looking for English versus Metric, but are looking for mixed units as well \
> (both Imperial and Metric hybrid), as well as looking to add number formats \
> (1,000.00 vs 1.000,00)
> And what is the best way to add support for a new system environment variable such \
> as UNITS?
> P.S. If anyone is interested in contracting to do this work, please send me a \
> private message outside this list.

systemd-devel is not the right forum for this. Not sure what a better
forum for this is, but systemd is way too low-level system stuff for
that.

Hence, I don't know who to suggest you to contact about this, but
maybe someone at the Linux Foundation can connect you.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin