List:       systemd-devel
Subject:    Re: [systemd-devel] start service in multi-user.target but don't stop it on isolate
From:       Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth <leo () strike ! wu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2018-03-26 8:30:40

On 03/20/2018 10:34 AM, Jérémy Rosen wrote:
> naive question, but why are you not using systemd's handling of hardware
> daemon (see man:system.conf for how to activate it)

The reason is laziness. ;-)

Since I am suffering from IO-subsystem related kernel bugs, I need to
detect IO lockups.
AFAIK systemd doesn't currently provide tests for basic system health
like max-load, accessibility of basic files etc.

Of course I could write my own system-health service that periodically
does these kind of tests and is monitored by systemds watchdog using
sd_notify(WATCHDOG=1").
But until I bring myself up to implement such a service, I'll stick to
using the software watchdog daemon. :-)

Cheers,
--leo
--