List:       systemd-devel
Subject:    Re: [systemd-devel] Running ldconfig at boot
From:       Michal Sekletar <msekleta () redhat ! com>
Date:       2016-05-24 12:42:47

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:

> I expect there are still installations out there which run /opt (or
> something like it) off NFS.

rpms shipped by many ISVs install things to /opt and also we seen
quite often that /opt has remote-fs mounted in it. Also,
administrators expect such setups to work without manual
interventions, i.e. masking ldconfig is really out of the question.
That is why we recently had to remove this service entirely from
RHEL7. I assume this change will hit CentOS7 as well.

Michal