List:       systalk
Subject:    Re: [Systalk]Odd PERL Problem
From:       "Timothy R. Butler" <tbutler () uninetsolutions ! com>
Date:       2001-04-18 17:06:12

Hi again Jens,
>   BTW, printing out $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'} on the page that should receive
> the POST data simply displays the number 29. Any idea why CONTENT_LENGTH
> would have the number 29 rather than the username/password set that it
> should contain? I thought this extra tidbit might be helpful...

  I feel rather stupid - of course it is returning the number 29 - that's the
length of the content form STDIN. The real problem is a little further along.
Apparently, after the output of 29 characters is sent to $buffer, there is a
problem.
  $buffer appears to be fine (it has the output in a name=value&name=value
format), but when the command @pairs = split(/&/, $buffer); is run, @pairs
doesn't seem to get any values returned. Any ideas?

  Thanks,
       Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
Information Tech. Consultant    Christian Web Services Since 1996
ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm       An Authorized IPSwitch Reseller
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com        http://www.uninetsolutions.com
============== "Information Powered by Innovation" ==============