List:       systalk
Subject:    RE: [Systalk]Twisted Pair or Crossover?
From:       "Brad" <brad () rupturedcyst ! com>
Date:       2001-02-23 22:47:25

> Unfortunately, most people won't see true 100mbps.  For instance, in
> large file transfers to and from my server (P133, all IDE HDs) I get up
> to around 4-5mbps before the drive controller on the server becomes a
> bottleneck.  Between other machines on my network, I've gone up to
> around 25mbps- again, limited by drive controller bandwidth.

aww whoops, theirs my pure stupidity. I completly forgot about controllers
and the such. Yeah, I have an ATA/66 controller right now, but haven't
really
tried any large file transfers. Of course, I never would pay attention to
how
fast im sending while playing a game, I only care about my ping (around 30
or
so on a LAN, but it'll only go so low, depending on your system, heh, you'll
never see 0 - 5 ping)

Brad
brad@rupturedcyst.com