List:       systalk
Subject:    [Systalk] systalk using majordomo?
From:       John Madden weez () avenir ! dhs ! org
Date:       1999-10-29 1:39:46

> I'm setting up my own list and I just thought similar functionality on my
> own list would save me from explaining how to put commands in the message
> body for people who wish to control majordomo or get off the list.

Have a look at Listar: http://listar.org .  It's like wicked early alpha
software, but (and I think the author smokes a bit too much of something for
keeping it alpha for so long) at v .116a, I started using it, and I've never
experienced a single bug/problem (running the COMP, LANdb, and NAN public
lists, as well as a few private lists on a 486 =)).  Sweetass software, and
a lot faster than domo, which I tried for awhile, and couldn't stand (too
slow/difficult to configure).  Besides, the Internet Software Consortium
runs on Listar, so it can't be *too* bad, right? :)

 John