List:       systalk
Subject:    [Systalk] Re: Windows 98 wont install..
From:       Bradley D. Thornton tallship () access1 ! net
Date:       1999-06-30 1:07:41

NOTE:

The switches bolow are mutually exclusive. The recomended sytntax will not work as
expected, although it will appear to.

/S will copy subdirectories with content, but /S will not work with /E. Therefore
the /S is ignored when using /E on the same command line statement when you invoke
XCOPY.

/E will copy subdirectories, even the empty ones. when you combine /E on the same
command line as /S, /S will be ignored.

Furthermore, if you want to avoid being prompted for the answer as to whether the
destination is a file of a directory, put a "\" at the end of the path that you are
going to XCOPY the tree to. That way, you will remove the ambiguity in the example
below.

Finally, If your running WIN 9x anywhere on your network, the first thing you
should do is kill yourself. Shame on you for admitting it. You should deny having
any 9x boxes on your net like I do. (OOPS).

--
                                ,,,
                               (o o)